Sites Covered by this Privacy Statement
Links to Non-Divergent Websites
Collection of Personal Information
To serve you better and understand your needs and interests, Divergent collects, exports, and uses personal information with adequate notice and consent, when applicable. For example, when you order products or services, make a donation, request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, register yourself or apply for a job at Divergent, we will ask you to provide personal information to complete these transactions. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, financial information, such as your credit card number, and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data.
On occasion, Divergent may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys or other interactive campaigns on our website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
How We Use Your Information
The information Divergent collects to understand your needs and interests helps Divergent deliver a consistent and personalized experience. For example, Divergent may use your information to:
- assist you in completing a transaction or order
- communicate with you about products and services
- provide service and support
- administer your account
- update you on new services and benefits
- provide personalized promotional offers
- select content to be communicated to you
- send you a newsletter
- personalize some Divergent websites
- allow you to participate in contests and surveys
- contact you for market research regarding Divergent products or services, or
- for other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding the communications we send.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit card transaction is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or Divergent and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services, unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
How We Share Your Information
- Divergent retains service providers and suppliers to deliver complete products, services, and customer solutions and to assist Divergent with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, credit card processors, providers of customer support, email service providers, automated data processors, and shipping agents. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Divergent and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Divergent.
- Except as described in this Statement, Divergent will not share the personal information you provide to Divergent with non-Divergent third parties without your permission, except to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities, (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of Divergent or its subsidiaries, (iv) protect the personal safety of Divergent employees and third parties on Divergent property, or (v) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others.
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, Divergent decides to sell, buy, merge, or otherwise reorganize operations in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Divergent practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
Divergent gives you the choice of receiving a variety of information that complements our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product-specific and service-specific information and also choose to receive Divergent general communications. We give you a choice regarding delivery of Divergent general communications by postal mail, email and telephone.
You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by using other methods, which are listed in the following sections. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, or other administrative and transactional notices as the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
Subscription communications include email newsletters. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Write to Divergent. Be sure to provide your name, email and postal address, and specific relevant information about Divergent subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving certain communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from Divergent where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
Access to Your Information
Divergent strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies to help maintain data accuracy. Divergent provides individuals with reasonable access to personal information that they provided to Divergent and the reasonable ability to review and correct it or ask for anonymization, blockage, or deletion, as applicable. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to Divergent, contact Divergent.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
Divergent takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Divergent utilizes appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see the symbol of either an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser) at the top or bottom of your browser window.
Credit card numbers are used only for processing payments and are not used for other purposes.
Data Retention & Security
Data Aggregation and Analysis
By providing data to Divergent, you agree Divergent may use the data to build analytic models to support Divergent’s mission, products, and services. Before including your data into our proprietary data models, we will use commercially reasonable methods to de-identify your data to allow Divergent to use the data in a manner that neither identifies nor provides a reasonable basis to identify you or any other individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that Divergent shall be permitted to use all such data for the purpose of analyzing patterns, trends, and other statistical data derived from your data to provide, operate, maintain, and otherwise improve Divergent’s mission, products, and services, and you grant Divergent a license to your data to fulfill these purposes. Any such use of your data by Divergent will be subject to the confidentiality and security provisions of this agreement. Divergent will not disclose its analysis based on your data unless the data has been stripped of any information that could identify you.
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our privacy statement, please send them to Divergent or write to us at either of the following addresses:
600 California Street, 11th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94108